Tuesday, July 31, 2012
The Vern accepts the Liebster Award and sends it to...
The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger as a recognition of quality work. This award was passed on to us by Eric of The Movie Waffler, as well as from Alex of Geek Juice Media. To accept this award, there are rules that need to be followed.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who has given the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
11 Things About Me
I write for two other blogs, besides this one.
I play drums for a glam rock/punk band called Parental Advisory.
Every time I watch "Gladiator", I fall asleep.
I love movies that are heart-warming and ones that are disturbing..
I much prefer to go to movies by myself the first time I see them.
It bothers me when people say they are a movie buff, but flat-out refuse to watch certain genres or movies past a certain year.
I wish more of my friends liked horror movies.
My real name is Jason, but all my friends call me Vern .
I can easily seperate an actor's personal life from their professional life.
The first movie I saw in theaters was a re-release of "Fantasia".
I have a lazy eye and can not see 3D movies very well.
Answer The 11 Questions.
1. What City and Country do you live in? Minneapolis, Minnesota
2. If I should watch one movie I may not have seen, what should it be? " Network"
3. What are the best comments that have been left on your site. I enjoy every time a person takes time to post a comment on my site.
4. And The Worst? I really hate it when people sign their comments as anonymous.
5. Of all the posts you have written, which are you the proudest of? 10 Best Opening Credits.
6. What inspired you to be a blogger? My love of movies and the enjoyment of meeting other great writers.
7. Do you write in your native language? Yes, English.
8. How often do you visit the cinema? At least 3 times a week.
9. If someone is sitting near you and keeps talking, do you call them out or ignore them? I will walk up and ask them nicely to be quiet. If they refuse, I will get management involved as well as getting my money back for having time missed.
10. When it comes to new movie releases, have we ever had it so bad? We are at least getting a few more original ideas, rather than remakes or sequels.
11. Is 3D here to stay? It may be, as long as people like spending high amounts of money for it.
Create 11 Questions.
1. What would your dream movie theater have, besides just what is being played?
2. Name one movie that actually would be good to remake?
3. What irritates you the most when blogging?
4. What do like the best when blogging?
5. Do you play drinking games to movies? If so, what do you drink?
6. What is the best way to help save us when dolphins try to take over the world?
7. What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?
8. Name at least 3 movies that you still watch on other formats besides DVD and Blue-Ray.
9. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
10. What is a good movie that you have a hard time convincing people to watch?
11. What toppings do you like on pizza?
11 Bloggers that deserve this award.
Life Between Films
Whoa This is Heavy
3 Guys One Movie
Surrender to the Void.
Watch A Lot
Fogs Movie Reviews